Sony X55M Remotes

brutus45

Recruit
I have two Sony RM X55M remotes: one at the helm and one at the transom. I've been told I need to "daisy chain" two XA-C40s together in order for everything to work correctly. Can anyone explain how to wire this configuration? Here's my gear:

Sony Head Unit: CDX-M50IP
Sony Source Selector: XA-C40 (currently connected)
Sony CD Changer: CDX-757MX
Sony Sirius: SIR-SNY1
Sony Remotes (2): Sony RM X55M

seabob4

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Sony X55M Remotes

Did your RM-X55Ms come with the Y-adapter cable? Sony says it is for connecting other "Uni-Link" devices (which is what an XA-C40 does), so why not see if the Y-cable works?

brutus45

Recruit

I have all the uni-link devices connected to an XA-C40. Everything works fine until I turn the key to aux and then the transom remote goes dark until I re-set the head unit. If I turn the key to off the same thing happens.

TahoeQ4Pilot

Petty Officer 1st Class

So, tell the rest of us brutus45, what did the "guy" say?

I am thinking of adding a second remote at the drivers seat, I would be interested to see how you solved this.

brutus45

Recruit

Apologies for the delay in posting. Everything is working flawlessly! A BIG thanks to Seabob4 for the referral. Tom responded very quickly and even supplied a drawing. This is a very simple solution that only involves daisy chaining the Sony "y" connectors together. I'm happy to forward the cabling drawing supplied by Tom.