Wiring Issues - Console 87 Suntracker Pontoon

FishinInMizzou

Seaman Apprentice
I have an 87 20' Lowe Pontoon - it was wired by the mad-wirer. There's more spaghetti under the console than you can shake a stick at. I am starting with the basics - getting the lights working. I will do my best as a new wire-guy to explain where I am at.
I have good wire into the console - I touch a hot in the fusebox and the light works. I have pulled the factory double throw switch out of the top of the console - it has 3 males on each side - with the middle on the right having a double male in the middle for two wires; on the left side the top two males have double prongs for two wires - this is all from the perspective of looking at the switch installed. Currently, there are wires on both doubles on the left and one wire on the top and middle on the right. If I put the test light on a hot wire, in the up position, the top two prongs on the right side light. In the down position, the top two on the left light the light. But when I hook my test light to a ground, NONE of them light up. Written on the panel above where the switch installs it says "..... Nav. lights" on the bottom side it says "Anc".

Nothing works, so I can't unhook something to figure out what is what. Do I have to start unplugging and plugging and testing (it is a real bear to get at the back of the switchs), or does someone know what these prongs on the switch are - it seems to me that if I ground the light, one of the prongs should light the test light as the hot when the circuit is completed. I could sure use some input here.

Last edited:

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Wiring Issues - Console 87 Suntracker Pontoon

Double posting is frowned on. See the answer to your question in the Pontoon section. This is where that question should have been posted originally.

FishinInMizzou

Seaman Apprentice

Sorry Chief - not an intentional violation of the rules - was not sure where it would get the most exposure. You can delete this if need be.

Ken

/////
Catching is better than fishing
/////

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

What I meant was that this (the electrical) forum is where your first post should have been placed. Anyway -- see the post in the pontoon forum.