Fish Finder: Eagle 320 vs an 8 year old Lowrance x91 to replace or not?

dannieboiz

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have an old Lowrance X91 that is missing the bracket and the transducer. It was only used for 4 months before I sold my old boat then put it in the closet since 2002. I just picked up another boat and is looking to replace the existing Eagle Cuda 168 that's currently mounted on the boat.

In the process of looking for the transducer i ran into the Eagle FishMark 320 which looks identical to the X91 but with better screen resolution.

The main difference is the transmitting wattage. the x91 is 375 watts RMS (3k peak) while the 320 peaks at 1500 watts so it's about half.

The price to replace the transducer with temp reading and the bracket is about $120 while I can buy a brand new 320 for $160

I do mostly Delta fishing here and will probably hit the bay once in a blue moon. I'm a little torn on what to do. The X91 is an expensive and high end unit during its time but the FishMark 320 is much newer with slightly better technology I would think.

ozzgood2001

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Fish Finder: Eagle 320 vs an 8 year old Lowrance x91 to replace or not?

320 is a good unit its all lowrance just rebadged and sold cheaper. i have the 480 gps combo myself and have had a 320 in the past all good units well worth it and better technology than your 8 yo unit

Mark_VTfisherman

Lieutenant
Re: Fish Finder: Eagle 320 vs an 8 year old Lowrance x91 to replace or not?

Hi- hopefully you have solved your dilemma by now- but if not....

I would buy the new 320 (~$160ish) or 480 (~$180-$200ish) and eBay or Craiglist the Lowrance due to its age. Just bought a 480 myself and sure you will be happy. The mid-depth "alarm" is a key feature that the Fishmark 320 does not have.

My plan is to buy a 640 GPS so I have two nice big screens to look at. You might find that an attractive idea as well.

I like the Eagle stuff- have an old Supra Pro ID from about '94 that is has caught me a lot of fish. I assume that the new stuff will have that track record as well.

My 2 cents