Minn Kota Universal Sonar

mogfisher

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hey guys. I just scored what I think is my best craigslist score yet. A Minn Kota bow mount 55lb with Autopilot and Copilot. He said it also had "some thing to hook up to a fish finder". Basically saying it had Universal Sonar. How can I tell? I saw some pictures of ones online that had a different looking "lower unit" but didn't know if that would apply to this unit or not. Even if it doesn't have it I'm not concerned. I only paid 300 bucks for it anyway. He didn't know anything about the unit as he bought it used and had never used it. The copilot was not plugged in and he said the sonar connected to what I figured out to be the copilot wiring. I'm also not sure exactly what model it is. At first I thought it was a terrova but I don't think so anymore. I'm thinking it's a powerdrive from reading some other posts. The steering on the pedal is left/right with the momentary on/off power below it. The speed setting is a slide on the right side of the pedal and the constant on/off is underneath that. Its a semi flat connector. Not the small round one. All it says on the side of the base is "Autopilot" and covered up on one side by the copilot equipment. Sounds like a Powerdrive V1, right? Any help is appreciated.

jimg984

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Minn Kota Universal Sonar

no powerdrive v1 would be powerdrive v2,,,, no combition of co-polit and auto-polit
BEWARE!!!!

mogfisher

Petty Officer 1st Class

I don't understand what you are saying. It certainly has both autopilot and copilot and both are functional. The reason I thought it was a Powerdrive V1 was because of the deploy handle and the connector for the foot pedal. I read that the deploy handle was "hoop shaped" for the V1 which mine is and the connector on the V2 for the pedal was a smaller round plug and mine is larger and kind of flat. What are you saying in your post?

russandrebel

Recruit

I don't understand what you are saying. It certainly has both autopilot and copilot and both are functional. The reason I thought it was a Powerdrive V1 was because of the deploy handle and the connector for the foot pedal. I read that the deploy handle was "hoop shaped" for the V1 which mine is and the connector on the V2 for the pedal was a smaller round plug and mine is larger and kind of flat. What are you saying in your post?

My friend has the same motor. I think they were made in early 2000. Im trying to find universal sonar plug to fit a humminbird.

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Please start a new thread. This one is 5 years old.