Lighted Rocker Switch for Lights

jbelcner

Cadet
I have a lighted rocker switch. It is an On-Off-On switch. The issue is how to hook this up to my NAV/ANC lights properly. My bow lights have three wires coming off of them, while my stern lights are sporting only two. Any help will be appreciated.

JB:cool:

jbelcner

Cadet
Re: Lighted Rocker Switch for Lights

Bill,

Here is the card that came with the switch. (not sure if I am attaching this right) The Switch is manufactured by Sierra (Model RK 19480)

I am perplexed by the three wires coming off of the bow light??? Stern light has only two.

Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• Switch 1.pdf
    8.2 KB · Views: 0

Splat

Lieutenant

3 wires coming off the bow light??????

You got me there. Is this a single bow light? or one per side? is there only one bulb in the light?

Your switch wiring woudl go as follows

+12vdc From battery, or battery switch terminals 2 and 5
ground to 7
Stern light connects to both 1 and 3
bow light positive to terminal 4 OR 6 depending on which way you want to be on.

The ground wire will run from the swich to a grounding block, not to the ground wire of the lights.

Bill

jbelcner

Cadet

My bow light has a light (courtesy??) on the back....Maybe that's it.

While I am on the subject, there is a blue (color may be inconsequential) that was originally plugged in to the switch. I assume that it is part of the gauge lights for the tach and speedo?? It is part of the harness that runs to the guages. Would this go to the NAV side of the switch?? That is my guess, since I wouldn't need to see my gauges at achor.

Thanks for all of the help.

Have a good one.

Splat

Lieutenant

Correct to nav. Don't need gauge lights when sitting on anchor.

Bill

jbelcner

Cadet

Bill,

Thanks for the help....I "Got r Dun". All work well with no problems. I even got the gauge lights wired right. I couldn't have done it as quickly without your help.

Have a good weekend.