OMC trolling motor - Model #: BF4TK

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmelton

Recruit
I picked up an old beater alu boat a couple years ago and have been fixing it up. It came with a OMC trolling motor - Model #: BF4TK. I was wanting to get some info on it if any one knew or had a web site to check. So far it looks as though it is a 56 lbs, 1991 and possibly 12/24 (?). I didn't pay much attention when I stripped the boat when i got it nore where there batteries so I an not sure how it was wired up. There is a switch on the side that has a 24v but nothing else...so if it is flipped to the other position is it 12v? I am looking to see how to wire it up for 12V, I don't really want to have 2-3 batteries for the trolling motor. The wire coming out the foot control is a 3-wire but is only about 6-8 inches long. I would assume that the wires could be replaced? I bought this boat dirt cheap and really do not want to put several hundred into a new trolling motor and batteries, so I want to try to get by with what was on there:) Any help would be much appriciated.

RM

Coxwain

Seaman Apprentice
I have the same trolling motor. It has a 12/24 switch, but I think it's only wired st 24v as that is how the two batter configuration is set up st the back. I imagine it is easier to set it as one over the other.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I have the same trolling motor. It has a 12/24 switch, but I think it's only wired st 24v as that is how the two batter configuration is set up st the back. I imagine it is easier to set it as one over the other.

Why?

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.