Need help with Lowrance LCX-111c HD and Navionics after updating software

sfjtm

Cadet
I have a Lowrance LCX-111c HD, along with a LGC-2000 GPS Module. I just upgraded the software on the LCX from 1.4.0 to 2.1.0 and the GPS module to 1.9.0. It seems to have reset a bunch of my settings. I have Navionics Gold Maps (from 2006). ((how often should these be upgraded BTW))

I selected Navionics (MMC/SD) in the Map Dataset Choice select menu, but I can no longer see the water charts/depths like I used to. I went through the system settings and it's set to feet, farenheight, etc. correctly.

20090617-pfc6fi4gbetubmrniewgas7td2.jpg

20090617-11kr53g8t92e8kirbdk47dhj37.jpg

My sonar also seems to look a lot different than it did before:

20090617-rgmdbdp6295eqhke88xa4f76pe.jpg

20090617-q4f3q68963c4a6dag4csg7xntd.jpg

Can anyone spot what the problem is? Does anyone know of a guide online that shows how to optimally set everything in my GPS/chartplotter? There's just so much info and being new to this I'm not sure which settings are best.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Boatist

Rear Admiral
Re: Need help with Lowrance LCX-111c HD and Navionics after updating software

I am not an expert on this but check your map overlay and map catgories drawn.
You unit has a hard drive also I believe so should you be selecting your hard drive for the detailed maps?

How often should you upgrade?
I think only up grade if the upgrade fixes a problem you are having.
If you go to Lowrance web site they will have a listing of what each firmware version changes.
It may only correct a depth reading in meters in England or fixing some problem that you are not having.
In that case I would not upgrade.
If your units locks up or something and you see the firmware fixes a lock up problem then certainly up grade.
Always make sure you save all the data your have entered to sd cards before upgading.

Good Luck and come back and tell us what fixes it. It can help the next guy.