Furuno FCV667 Question

Surreel KD

Recruit
Hey guys,

I have a Furuno FCV667 color fish finder with a thru hull transducer.

I pick up the speed of the boat ok but it will not pick up the bottom on the screen. It appears to be doing something but it will not show me a correct depth or bottom contour. When I run the diagnostic on the unit it checks out ok. Is there a way to tell if the transducer is bad and if so what would be my options other than pulling the boat out?

Thanks

KD

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Re: Furuno FCV667 Question

The speed pick-up is a seperate sensor in the transducer.

Sounds like you need a new transducer.

The only way to verfiy is to hook up another transducer to the head unit and see if it works. It the new transducer works then you'll need to pull the boat to replace the transducer

Surreel KD

Recruit

Thanks for the info. Would you reccomend a hull mounted transducer for the time being and then work the hull mount after the season?

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

Unless I was going to abandon the thru hull and go with a in-hull mount I'd probably just pull the boat and change it out. If you went with a transom mount you would need to pull the boat to mount it anyhow.

Surreel KD

Recruit

I ended up having the unit checked out. Unit is fine so I put an inhull transducer in and it works like a charm. That was the lowest cost solution and give me the abitly to still use my Furno