Lenco Trim Tabs.

GunHoInc

Seaman
Got a set of Lenco 12x12 edge mount trim tabs for the boat yesterday. The thing is, I had to get them on the boat before the wife saw them. So after reading the instructions thoroughly, I started on it at 1 am last night while she was asleep. The install was easy. Just had to triple check where I was going to mount them as per the instructions. Then mark and drill the holes. 2 hours later I had the trim tabs mounted. This morning the wife says she's going to the mall. I thought SWEET! Now I can knock out the wiring and mount the switch! That was easy too. I think the hardest part was where to put the switch.

Everything works GREAT! Can't wait to test it on the water!

Total cost of the Tabs was $643.33

Paulie

IMG_0312.jpg

gcboat

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Lenco Trim Tabs.

One of the best investments I ever made was a set of electric Lenco's. If you ever need any help from them their customer service department is absolutely excellent. They are A1 in my book. You're gonna' love em'. :D

ric-a-pic

Recruit

Paulie,

How are the Lenco tabs going for you? Are you happy with the size? I just bought your same boat and pick it up Thursday. It's tan with a 230 HP but wish it was white becasue it makes it look 20 years newer.

I was looking at a used set of Bennett's until my buddy told me about Lenco. Bennett's say to use a 18x9 but you went with 12x12 edge mounts? Any reason? Looks like you don't have much room under the swim platform, maybe that is why the 12x12. Any suggestions or tips?

Also, any common problems with this boat that I should be aware of?

Thanks
Rich

seabob4

Lieutenant Commander

Bennett has always advocated a larger tab size than I believe is necessary. We use Lencos at Proline, mostly 12 X 9s, 12 X 12s on the 29 and 32 Express, and the 12 X 24 dual ram performance tabs on the 35 Express. The install really is easy, and the actuators (rams) have been vastly improved to help seal out water intrusion. I've installed close to 1000 sets of both Bennetts and Lencos, personally I prefer Lencos, although there are tons of owners out there who swear by their Bennetts. Both companies have about the best CS departments in the marine business. And, yes, they really do make a difference...
1sm088doubleup.gif

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

Looks crammed under the platform. How much positive rack did you get on the planes?

NEWBIE here...hard to find basic sense RE trim tabs for a new boat owner in all these forums...

Just bought my first boat, no longer moochin' off friends, yay! OK, 1980 Bayliner 2250 Santiago Cuddy, 21'. No trim tabs, previous owners (big family of 6) said they never needed it. Lenco 12"x9" sound good? What should I do? Thanks!