Best Cranking Marine Battery

ProTurbo

Seaman
I'm looking for a good cranking battery to start a 115 mariner and to power all my electrical, accept my trolling motor.

Whats in your boat????? :)

Thank you

Dan

szuwar

Cadet
Re: Best Cranking Marine Battery

yep i use this exact battery for my 89 capri ,as a crank and acc batt

Turkeyflacx2

Cadet

Dont buy one of those Maxx batteries from Walmart. Wont hold a charge, I went through 2 and got my money back.

ProTurbo

Seaman

I am now looking for a Dual Purpose battery now.

I am having a really hard time to find the one I am looking for in Ontario Canada.

Its an Optima Battery Blue Top , Model D27M Dual Purpose..

Maybe someone here knows a better battery for the price?

These are very expensive...

Soon ICE OUT...:) trout time. :)

ziemann

Chief Petty Officer

I have all of my electronics hooked to my starting battery. I have hard core overkill: Series 31 Sear DieHard Platinum AGM batteries....

I have to say that they are amazing....

ProTurbo

Seaman

I have all of my electronics hooked to my starting battery. I have hard core overkill: Series 31 Sear DieHard Platinum AGM batteries....

I have to say that they are amazing....

Well cannot get them in Ontario...:(

Looking now at a Odyssey PC1500 -34m

Heard bad things about Optima since they got bought out, Looks like the Marine Odyssey battery are a lot better then the Optima..and its a Dual purpose too.

Thx

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

I bought the best Marine cranking battery Auto Zone had..
So far so good...
I know....cheap way out but it has served me well...
Those Optima batteries are way over priced.

ProTurbo

Seaman

I bought the best Marine cranking battery Auto Zone had..
So far so good...
I know....cheap way out but it has served me well...
Those Optima batteries are way over priced.

You right Optima over priced too...

Maybe I will just get another AC Delco M27MF, never had any real problem with them....and I can buy them here in my home town for $158.00. Its also a Dual Purpose.

Pro

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

You right Optima over priced too...

Maybe I will just get another AC Delco M27MF, never had any real problem with them....and I can buy them here in my home town for $158.00. Its also a Dual Purpose.

Pro
I have two in my boat. Going on 5 years now. $98 US each

Boatist

Rear Admiral

I also like Delco batteries and have a Delco Voyager that is very old at least 9 years but only runs all my electronics and has no trolling motor.
I feel the best battery is a fully charged well maintained battery and I get all my batteries from Cosco.

Most batteries do not die they are killed by improper charging and maintenance. People who use the trolling motor all day and do not recharge later that same day will always have batteries troubles. Fully recharge with a good automatic charger of 10 amps or more as soon as possible.
Do not discharge a starting battery more than 20 percent or a Deep Cycle more than 50 percent and recharge right away and you will have no trouble with batteries. Also all batteries self discharge and even if you do not use it needs charged once a month in hot weather and every few months in cold weather.

ziemann

Chief Petty Officer

The Sears DieHard Platinum AGM's are made by Enersys- they simply re-labeled and are the same as the Odyssey, and Trolling Thunder labels for those folks in Canada...

skargo

Banned

Dont buy one of those Maxx batteries from Walmart. Wont hold a charge, I went through 2 and got my money back.

I have had the exact opposite experience with Everstart Maxx from Walmart, and currently have 8 in use, and will keep using them.

Great price, great batteries!