Motorguide Gator Flex Mount good or bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kabcpapc

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I'm deciding on a new foot controlled trolling motor for my 14' Collinscraft fiberglass stick steer boat which originally had a Mercury Thruster trolling motor. I need 12v and 36" shaft. Minn Kota has the Edge 40lb thrust and Motorguide has a 40, 46 and 54 lb thrust with 12v and 36" shaft. The Motorguide has the Gator Flex Mount which seems to be the weak spot on that motor. Several reviews that I have read say that the mount is JUNK and they would never get another Gator Flex mount.

Do any of you have any thoughts on this mount?

mnormand

Cadet
Re: Motorguide Gator Flex Mount good or bad?

Help on this please !!! I'm about to buy this motor...Motorguide V55 bow mount, hand control with GATOR FLEX MOUNT. I need feedback re gator flex mount please !

This will be on a 19ft aluminum flat, 19x48. Occasional use, casual fishing, no tournament, etc.
Not concerned about the 12v 55# thrust, but AM concerned about how the shaft might "give" upon startup on medium/higher power, etc. I plan to use an on/off hotfoot button on the deck. I can't find any detail vids or detailed discussion about this mount, and its hard to visualize from the pics I can find. Cannot find one locally to review in person.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.