CMC PT 130 Wiring

rsimmons42

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have just purchased a used CMC PT-130 unit works great when you jump it dirrectly to the battery in both dirrections. My problem is the wiring, this came out of a project boat where someone disconnected all wires. I have two new 5 pole relays, a new on/off/on switch and have replaced the 30A/12v breaker. When I think that I have it wired correctly I touch the wires to the battery and nothing but fireworks. Can someone please take a picture or draw me a diagram of the wireing. I would be in a great deal of gratitude.

Thanks in advance.

5150abf

Vice Admiral
Re: Please, Please, Please Someone Help.....

Re: Please, Please, Please Someone Help.....

First of all, as Bob said, your title for this post should have been"Help with CMC" or something like that.

You are alot more likely to get the help you need if your problem is stated in the title of the thread.

If it is sparking you have a pos on a neg or vice versa, stop doing anything till someon eget sback to you or you are going to burn something up and I feel for you, I too am retarded when it comes to wiring.

I am pretty busy today but I will try to get that up as soon as I can but I hav one on my boat and think I can help you out.

rsimmons42

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Help with CMC>>>>

Help with CMC>>>>

Bob,

Thanks for the information. The manual is of no use, What I really need is someone that has one that can either draw or take a picture of the wiring.

rsimmons42

Petty Officer 2nd Class
CMC PT 130 Wiring

This is a repeat post, I posted last night but was informed that I needed to have a correct title, so please do not bump.

I purchased a PT-130 yesterday. the unit works great when connected dirrectly to the battery. It came out of a project boat and someone disconnected all wires. I have purchased 2 new 5 pole relays, a new 30A breaker and a new on/off/on switch. I thought I had it but all I am getting is fire works.

Can someone please draw me a sketch or take some photos of there wiring.

Thanks in advance

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: CMC PT 130 Wiring

i moved you post to the proper place to get you the best response.

SuzukiChopper

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Is the PT130 a 2 wire or 3 wire system?

Edit: and what is the model number for the relays?

rsimmons42

Petty Officer 2nd Class

two wire system, the model on the relays is

kella 1410045 or 960 388-10 don't know what one is the model.

thanks for any help. Have the unit mounted now and am just waiting for a wiring diagram

SuzukiChopper

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Alright here goes:

The relay should have the poles labeled... 85, 86, 87, 87A (or 87Q), and 30.

Relay 1
30 - One wire from the PT130
87A - Ground
87 - Constant 12v
85 - Ground
86 - Power from one On position of your switch

Relay 2
30 - OTHER wire from the PT130
87A - Ground
87 - Constant 12v
85 - Ground
86 - Power from the OTHER On position of your switch

When the switch is pushed one way it will switch one relay to provide power to one wire of the PT130. When the switch is released, it defaults to ground. Push the switch the other way, polarity is reversed.