Raymarine C80

torcano

Chief Petty Officer
I have a Raymarine C80 chartplotter/radar/fishfinder on my boat. I had a Garmin on my previous boat and I was able to read the speed from one of the GPS pages. Does my Raymarine unit have the same capabilities? I went through the manual but I do not see anything indicating how to do this. Is anyone familiar with this unit?

Re: Raymarine C80

If you're looking for Speed over ground, there are several ways to get it onto the C80's screen.

My preferred option is to put it on the Databar at the top of the screen, but there should also be a "GPS Data" pageset that you can display by hitting the "page" key in the upper right, and using the softkeys at the bottom to select the page.

If you don't have it, download the Raymarine "Quick Reference" from http://www.raymarine.com/GetFile.aspx?fileId=485&categoryId=3

Page 179 of the guide tells you how to change what's displayed on the data bar, Page 177 tells how how to get the GPS data page on your system if it's been disabled.

torcano

Chief Petty Officer

Thanks. My reference manual is from 2004 and looks different that the version you attached . I'll study your version.
I noticied your link. I keep my boat in N.J (Red Bank).I was thinking about running a NMEA 2000 cable from my C-80 to my Mercruisers so that I can read engine performance parameters from my display unit. I was told that if it is not hooked up correctly, I could damage my engine computer (ECM). Does your company do that type of work? Can it be done with a 2004 C-80 and 2004 Mercruisers?
Thanks,
RK

The C80 can accept N2K data and has an engine monitoring page. It requires a special Raymarine Cable and possibly a software update. Not all Mercury/Mercruiser engines output N2K Data from the factory, you might need an adapter on the engine side as well.

achap98991118

Recruit

I have a C80 installed on a 2009 Regal 2665, with volvo penta 8.1 Gi-J engine. I would like to be able to read engine and fuel data, hence installing a Converter, Volvo Penta part# 3889758 (on site it states a NMEA interface, Part# 3840277, but been replaced with converter). Do anybody have any ideas suggestion or experience with the installation.