LMF-400 Yamaha network cable installation - fuel flow ?

lifeisfun

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hi folks,
I successfully installed LMF-400 and Yamaha interface cable
I also have the EP-60R fuel flow sensor but I'm wondering
if I should install it or if the fuel flow info will be sent via
the Yamaha interface ( F60 2007)

Any ideas ?

Thanks

jevery

Chief Petty Officer
Re: LMF-400 Yamaha network cable installation - fuel flow ?

Looks like the LMF-400 manual, http://www.lowrance.com/upload/Lowrance/Documents/Manuals/LMF-400_0151-222_111506.pdf,
doesn't note compatability with the EP-60R, (only lists up through EP-50).

However the EP-60R manual, http://www.lowrance.com/upload/Lowrance/Documents/Manuals/EP60R-Fuel-Flow_0154-432_091407.pdf,
does show compatability with the LMF-400. I'm guessing the LMF-400 manual was published before the EP-60R was brought to market.

lifeisfun

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have no doubt that the EP-60R is compatible but my question is if I need it at all since I got the Yamaha interface cable installed as well. Perhaps there is fuel flow sensor installed in the outboard and it will send info to the LMF-400 ?

jevery

Chief Petty Officer

After re-reading, I thought I might have misunderstood your post. I'm fairly certain outboards don't have an onboard fuel flow sender. Would be nice though. Of all the gauges I'd like to add, it'd be a fuel flow meter.

dmccaffrey

Seaman Apprentice

For the Yamaha 4-stroke, the EP-60R is worthless. Yamaha uses 2 fuel pumps: one low-pressure and one high-pressure. Because of this, if you use the EP-60R fuel flow sensor (or the equivalent from Flo-scan), the GPH readings will fluctuate from 0 to 32gph. You will never get an accurate reading of how much gas the engine burning right now. The totalizer functions will work correctly.

The good news for you is that the computer does report fuel flow using the Yamaha network cable. These measurements are taken directly from the injectors and are just as accurate as the fuel flow sensor.

lifeisfun

Petty Officer 1st Class

Wow, you made my day !
Thanks for your time to reply to my post.
Welcome to the forum :)