Si tex 833c

graffixjhs

Recruit
Does anyone else run this unit. I just recently got this fish finder and have been having trouble picking up the bottem while at cruise which is about 25mph or anything faster. When I'm trolling around or almost on plane, I have a good lock on the bottom but the fast I get going... the thinner the bottem sounding gets and eventually I lose the bottom, any schools of fish, and the dept. Some feed back would be great in anyone knows whats going on.

gcboat

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Si tex 833c

Where is your transducer located and who installed it? Also, has this been a problem from day one?

graffixjhs

Recruit

The transducer is located where my old on transducer was. My old unit was a koden 811 which is a similar unit. I use to be able to pick up the bottom at least at cruise speed which is about 25mph.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

I had that sounder on my last boat and had no problems running WOT with it.

Try bumping up the gain and see what happens. If that doesn't have any effect then you need to take a hard look at your transducer location. I never got mine to perform up to to expectation with a transom mount trasnducer. I ened up with a shhot tru and was very hapy with the performance.