Question about Eagle Cuda 128 fish/depth finder?

Big Bubba

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Hello everyone,
I was wondering if your boat is out of the water and on the trailer and stored inside the garage will it read the depth on an Eagle Cuda 128 fish/depth finder? Reason I ask is becuase I get the temperature just fine and registers what the temp is actually at but the depth above the temperature is registering 60.0 feet and is flashing is it suppose to read exactly how many feet with your boat on the trailer and out of the water? Will it register the depth of the water with the baot out of water and stored on the trailer? I thought at one time it did register how far the boat is out of the water even when it is on the trailer and in the garage but not 100% sure? Let me know if it is normal to flash 60.0 feet and never register what the feet are actually at with the boat on the trailer and out of the water? Thanks Bob:)

wildmaninal

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Question about Eagle Cuda 128 fish/depth finder?

I don't believe it will read out of water. Some of those depth finders have a simulation mode or something to that affect, at least humingbird does I don't know about Lowernce or Eagle although I do have one on my boat.

I have seen that some depth finders will read 100's of feet when out of the water.

Nandy

Commander
Re: Question about Eagle Cuda 128 fish/depth finder?

Your depth finder is not set up to work accurate if not submerge in water. Even when submerge in water if you get air in the transducer surface you will see erratic readings.