• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • ALL iboats Forum Members and Guests:
    To show our appreciation for your participation in the Forums, we're offering an exclusive Forums-only discount good for an additional 5% off your iboats.com order for a limited time.
    To redeem, simply call our Customer Service Team at 800-914-1123 (Open M-F, 9am - 8pm Eastern Time) and mention the Forums 5% off discount. Offer excludes engines, trolling motors, and electronics.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minn Kota Power drive V2 transducer mounting???

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minn Kota Power drive V2 transducer mounting???

I have MINN KOTA v2 power drive and just bought a Humminbird depth finder to install at front of boat.
    I have the trolling motor transducer mounting kit installed but am unclear on how to keep the cable from being pinched by the grip glide part on the trolling motor when the motor is being lowered and raised.

Other than being careful when lowering an raising the motor is there anything i am missing??
    Union Electrician's Do "IT" Without Shorts

2005 Weeres Pontoon
    2005 50hp Johnson
    1995 Evinrude 9.9hp Kicker
    Minn Kota iPilot 55lb thrust
    Humminbird 999 CI HD SI Combo

Re: Minn Kota Power drive V2 transducer mounting???

Originally posted by hooterville View Post
    I have MINN KOTA v2 power drive and just bought a Humminbird depth finder to install at front of boat.
    I have the trolling motor transducer mounting kit installed but am unclear on how to keep the cable from being pinched by the grip glide part on the trolling motor when the motor is being lowered and raised.

Other than being careful when lowering an raising the motor is there anything i am missing??
    If you remove the front screw that holds the shroud on the motor on the left, get a wire clamp in about 1"
    ID the metal rubber coated ones and use an 1.5" 1/4-20 screw to replace that one you can run your wire thru it
    and it keeps the wire away from your pinch point every time.

The clamp is mounted pointing up at 12 o'clock works well.

photo is in the 9 o'clock position.. rotate it up so its pointing up works best.

Click image for larger version

Name:	818c9d011a62bcc6af537de1022b30b0.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	195323

Comment

Re: Minn Kota Power drive V2 transducer mounting???

Psst! Dave! Did you happen to catch the date of the original post?
      Bob
      Orange County, NY
      '88 Bayliner 1700 Capri Bowrider, 85 HP Force O/B, "Sea Weasel"
      Want a vessel safety check? Click here. Want to join the Coast Guard Auxiliary? Click here.
      Disclaimer: Although I am a member of the USCG Auxiliary, the opinions and advice in my replies are my own and do not necessarily reflect CG or CG Auxiliary policy or regulations unless so specified.

Comment

Working...
      X