Minn Kota Power drive V2 transducer mounting???

hooterville

Seaman
I have MINN KOTA v2 power drive and just bought a Humminbird depth finder to install at front of boat.
I have the trolling motor transducer mounting kit installed but am unclear on how to keep the cable from being pinched by the grip glide part on the trolling motor when the motor is being lowered and raised.

Other than being careful when lowering an raising the motor is there anything i am missing??

daveshady

Seaman
Re: Minn Kota Power drive V2 transducer mounting???

I have MINN KOTA v2 power drive and just bought a Humminbird depth finder to install at front of boat.
I have the trolling motor transducer mounting kit installed but am unclear on how to keep the cable from being pinched by the grip glide part on the trolling motor when the motor is being lowered and raised.

Other than being careful when lowering an raising the motor is there anything i am missing??

If you remove the front screw that holds the shroud on the motor on the left, get a wire clamp in about 1"
ID the metal rubber coated ones and use an 1.5" 1/4-20 screw to replace that one you can run your wire thru it
and it keeps the wire away from your pinch point every time.

The clamp is mounted pointing up at 12 o'clock works well.

photo is in the 9 o'clock position.. rotate it up so its pointing up works best.

1958163_10203401740313892_2035252192_n.jpg

NYBo

Admiral
Re: Minn Kota Power drive V2 transducer mounting???

Psst! Dave! Did you happen to catch the date of the original post?