OMC trolling motor

-1boat

Seaman Apprentice
I have an OMC "Cobra" trolling motor on the bow of the boat I recently bought. I am looking to find out what the specs are on it. The model number is OBFL4A At least that's what I think the model number is.

Is there a website resource that I could find information about this motor? I think its in pretty good shape, just wanting to find out more about it.

Thanks

-1boat

Seaman Apprentice
Re: OMC trolling motor

Thanks, great place to find parts, but I still don't know how much thrust this motor has. Any Idea where I could find that?

HondaPower

Petty Officer 1st Class

My manual shows a BFL4G as a Deck Mounted foot controlled 6 speed 12/24 Volt. Thrust is 41 pounds, Max current draw 29 Amps. This is from an OMC manual published in 1996 and it covers most models built in the 90's. Not sure of your model year but with almost the same model # it should be close.

-1boat

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks.
The motor is an '89 model and has only 3 speeds. It is however, 12 - 24 volt.

The foot pedal is starting to crack where the arm that pushes the cable meets the flat part of the pedal. I don't know if I'd be better to buy a new one or fix this one. I priced the pedal at the above link and it's gonna cost almost $200. Plus there is some slop in the gears that turn the motor.

The steering system on it, in my opinion, is not very well designed, but I guess it works.

Maybe I'll check into a newer one?