Raymarine electronics Q.

brokenarm

Cadet
I am considering purchasing a Raymarine E80. Will be using the device primarily for sonar, chartplotter and gps. The other functions are great as well, although I prob. won't use radar at this time $$. Does anyone have a suggestion of a good unit? This is for a dive boat. What about a C80, or another brand alltogether? The E80 appears to be user friendly and I like the screen software. I like having the ability to plug my laptop computer in to retieve data. Cost is always a factor, although with e-bay, I can always find good prices. Help!!

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Re: Raymarine electronics Q.

I looked at the E80 but in the end went with a 4208 Garmin. The Ray fish finder is a better but the Garmin GPS is better and a complete Garmin system with radar, WX, XM, etc, is quite a bit less than Ray.

For a couple of dollars more you could get the 5208 with a touch screen which puts the unit in a class of it's own.

I also wasn't to thrilled with Ray's response to the problems they had with the decommissioned GPS satellite this summer.

brokenarm

Cadet

Thanks dingbat for your input. I'll def. check out the Garmin.

SILENTFAITH

Recruit

Just bought a e80 unit and my question is I have a c80 and want to switch it with the e80,,,,,,,will all cables and hook ups match? thanks