marine clarion cd player faceplate stolen

brazosboater

Cadet
Hello Iboats, I hope this is in the right spot. If not, sorry, if so, good! Someone stole the faceplate off my marine grade clarion 200w cd player! After going through truck, house, cabin, garage, dredging the bottom of the river, I am determined that it was taken as the cover was off the boat partially and my multi-tool that lives in the glove box with the cd player was not there either. Anyway, does anyone know where to find one without too much trouble, or should I just count my losses and get another cd player? Thanks for the help! Also recommendations of cheap cd players would help, anyone ever bought a pyle?

wildmaninal

Lieutenant Commander
Re: marine clarion cd player faceplate stolen

You might be able to find one on Ebay, or go to the manufactures website, if the CD player isn't to old they might have some way of helping you. You might need to find the series or model number of the CD player in order to get the right face plate. I imagine that those face plates would be high, so you might be better off finding another cd player just my 2 cents. Check around, in the mean time maybe some of these other guys here can put there fingers right on one for you.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

the idea of those is you take them with you, so the unit is useless to a thief, guess he got back at you.

wildmaninal

Lieutenant Commander

:D:D:D, sorry he's right though. lmao... I was trying to keep it sober when I replied the first time TD lol. At least when I had a removable plate in one of my past cars I put it where it would not be found period, out of site out of mind.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

On trying to find another:

Son-in-law had a 300Z with T-tops. One day someone broke into his car and stole the tops.

In looking to replace them he went to the local dealer and inquired. The sales clerk asked "you want new or used"?

Now, where do you suppose his and surely others tops went? Makes you wonder. He replaced with new just in case there was an honesty problem there. Course the dealer could have unknowingly purchased stolen tops from a 3rd party. Who knows. Would really have been something for him to get his tops back.....after paying for them, again.

Mark

wildmaninal

Lieutenant Commander

Probably should of had a police report filled out. A thief is a thief, I grew up around thieves (my own cousin's) whom stole from us during my younger years, they actually straightened up and we actually get along now a days. The thief doesn't care what they get sometimes just grab and go, sometimes they may not even know what they got until they get home with the lute. I have another cousin whom I don't consider a buddy that admits he's a thief, he's even stole from his own mother and other family, other's have said that he has also.

brazosboater

Cadet

Thanks for the help everyone, I didn't think there was too much hope, but figured I would try anyways. Oh, and Tashasdaddy, thank you for such useful information...

PondTunes

Petty Officer 1st Class

You should be able to contact clarion for a replacement faceplate. Keep in mind they will be quite expensive because a big lot of the radios without faceplates are stolen radios. Clarion as well as other companies will sell you a replacement but most of the time it is more than half the cost of replacing the unit.

If you need help tracking down their number or a replacement head unit drop me a line.