Raytheon L365 transducer

bigtwin

Petty Officer 3rd Class
A couple weeks ago I got caught out in 3 ft waves in my 14 ft boat on a lake in northren Minnesota, I was about 3 mi out from the landing, so my boat took a pounding. Dammaged my trolling motor bracket, livewell pump, ripped both battery hold downs from the floor, and broke my transducer.
I was able to fix everything however I am unable to find a new transducer for my Raytheon L365. I trolled the web and made a few phone calls but all I hear is sorry that model has been discontinued.
Anyone know were I can find a replacement transducer?
thanks!!

Laram51

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Raytheon L365 transducer

you are right that they are obsolete. Try Gemeco Electronics at 843-210-7000. I believe they said it was for $91.95. model # M78898. Or you can go to gemeco.com. I am not entirely sure I am going to buy one as at that cost I might as well used it against the purchase of something more modern.

bigtwin

Petty Officer 3rd Class

you are right that they are obsolete. Try Gemeco Electronics at 843-210-7000. I believe they said it was for $91.95. model # M78898. Or you can go to gemeco.com. I am not entirely sure I am going to buy one as at that cost I might as well used it against the purchase of something more modern.

Thanks for your input Laram51, after shipping it would cost over $100 to replace my transducer, money that could go to new fish finder (with enough money left over to take my date to Mc Donalds!)

Now my question is should I buy the Humminbird Parana Max 15, or the Eagle Cuda 242? (both cost about $80)

Laram51

Petty Officer 3rd Class

sorry Bigtwin.. I dont know about those models.. someone else will have to assist you here..

miswirvin

Seaman Apprentice

go with the eagle for sure. Thoses cheap humm are crap. I would reccomend the fishmark 320 it's a little bigger screen 5" and will run around $150 it also has almost twice the resolution as the other two. better resolution better detail. let me know if you need one.

bigtwin

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thanx for the input, I went out today and bought the Eagle Cuda 242, for it's price ($79.00) and compact size. With 240 vertical X 160 horizontal lines of resolution the display is quite sharp and detailed, also the transducer looks sturdy. I was told by the salesman that the Eagle shows arcs while the Humminbird is best left in the fish ID mode.