Rewiring Bass boat

RLeeDude

Cadet
I'm going to rewire all the accessories (gauges, bilge, aerators, lights, trim, etc.) on my '84 Skeeter SF175. Anybody had any experience with such an endeavor and if so any pointers. The previous owners altered the heck out of it (eliminated livewells, horn, etc.) and I've got wires everywhere and going nowhere. I started drawing a schematic, but I feel a bit overwhelmed. I'm fairly "handy", but any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Rick

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Rewiring Bass boat

start with a list of what you want to work, then rip every thing out. start fresh, bring your main feed and ground from battery to console and connect to fuse block and ground buss bar. then wire from fuse block to switches, then from switches the feed to the fixture, along with the ground wire, which connects to the buss bar. i like to use simple switches, and use separate switch for the anchor light, and bow light. when anchored bow light should be off. here's a good diagram. use proper size wire for the load.
http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=186986

tashasdaddy

heres a simple but effective fuse panel/ buss bar. feed from battery goes to the large post on right, ground back the battery goes on large post on left. ground wire form fixtures go on the small screws on left, feed to fixture go on the middle screws. put the apporiate size fuse in the fuse holder and you are ready. if you need more circuits. these are cheap enough you can by 2.

http://www.iboats.com/Seasense_Fuse...07843179--list_time.1179573358--view_id.56052

burroak

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Rick,

Give me a heads-up if you got the wiring diagram.

RLeeDude

Cadet

Thanks much guys.
Burroak, I did get the diagram. Do you know the address of the stingray site?

tashasdaddy - great diagram

how about diagram for trim with bow, stern and ignition controls?

Thanks,
Rick

tashasdaddy

for those you would wire in series, so any switch would activate them, but i don't have a diagram. Silvertip deserves the credit for the diagram, he's the one who put his time into it to share with all of us. i just new where the link was.