Garmin antenna w/ Lowrance Chart plotter

watermellon1

Seaman Apprentice
:% Ive purchased a lowrance lc16ci and a garmin 17
and according to all the info ive been able to get they should work together, but I cant seem to make it happen, I ve studied all the respective wiring materials and still no succes, is ther any wayt to test the antenna to see if its burnt? I don t get continuity across the power lines for the antenna

tommays

Admiral
Re: Garmin antenna w/ Lowrance Chart plotter

need a more info about what parts your trying to mix and match ?

i have not seen anyone use a different brand of reciever BUT have seen the nema 0183 interface send data between units

Tommays

watermellon1

Seaman Apprentice

Okay I have an update, after speakin to Garmin and Lowrance they say they could work together but I cant seem to get them to communicate with each other

The antenna is Garmin, and the Chartplotter,fishfinder, is Lowrance they both use nmea 0183

watermellon1

Seaman Apprentice

Hey tommays, yes I am and Ive also got the manual for the lowrance and I ve spoke with both companies on the phone, it seems i need some way to read and re- program the antenna

watermellon1

Seaman Apprentice

8) Thank you Tommays, I was using an installation manual to wire everything, but the manual I was using gave little or no tech data, the information you found...8)8)8),told me what the problem was. I had to wire up and then go through each baude rate until..8)8)8) i get WAAS ACQUIRED. (HARD TO BELIEVE THAT LITTLE DING FROM THE LOWRANCE AND THAT LITTLE MESSAGE WOULD GIVE ME SUCH A THRILL) THANKS AGAIN!!! I now have a Lowrance ChartPlotter and a Garmin antenna.