• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

We're excited to announce the launch of our NEW Fiberglass & Epoxy Boat Repair & Building section on iboats.com! See more details!

This new area was created specifically to meet the needs of those of you who participate in the iboats Boat Restoration, Building, and Hull Repair forum. To kick off the launch, we are giving away free product in every order over $100 as follows:

Spend $100-149: Get a free paint suit (Large only)
Spend $150-199: Get a free sandpaper finish pack & paint suit (Large only)
Spend $200-249: Get a free catalyst dispenser
Spend $250-299: Get a free Sufasolve hand wipes
Spend $300-349: Get a free Aqua Blue buffing compound (quart)
Spend $350-399: Get a free small tint kit
Spend $400+: Get a free Preval sprayer

To qualify for the free products, select any Fiberlay, Spectrum Fiberglass, System Three, or Gibco product.

Also, we have discounted our already low prices by another 5-15%. Stay tuned as we will be giving away 3 $100 iboats gift certificates from May to June to be used on the new fiberglass and epoxy products.

To view the new Fiberglass & Epoxy Boat Repair & Building, go to http://www.iboats.com/Boat-Paint-Repair-Maintenance-Gel-Coat-Cleaners-Carpet-Epoxy/dm/view_id.11
See more
See less

Simple Nav/Anchor light wiring diagram

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple Nav/Anchor light wiring diagram

I have an old 1988 17" Sunbird. I've fixed up most of the boat, and am now working on the wiring. Past owners tapped off everything from anywhere they could. Most of what they tapped for was removed at one time or another so there is quite a bit of excess wiring. I'm familiar with DC wiring, and using meters, but the switch wiring for the Nav/Anc lights has me stumped. My switch has 6 contact points on it, but most points have at least 2 wires on them. most of them are not marine wire, many are just lamp cord. I want to pull new wires to the lights and just start over, but I'm not sure how to wire the switch. the replacement switches i've seen don't have recommended wiring diagrams with them.

Does anyone know of a site/book where i can find this info. I know this should be simple, but this is killing me.

The boat has one light on the bow, and one pole light on the stern.

Thanks!
    Mike J
    2007 Angler CC
    90HP Mercury 2 stroke

Re: Simple Nav/Anchor light wiring diagram

Hope this formats ok

1 2------ to stern pole light
    3-----4-------to 12v +
    to bow nav light----5 6------ to terminal 2

in case not,
    term 1 unused
    term 2 wired to stern pole light
    term 3 wired to term 4
    term 4wired to 12v+
    term 5 wired to nav light
    term 6 wied to term 2

Comment

This little picture may help you as well Anc/Nav switch

Comment

My thanks to both of you. i ordered the switch from i boats today, and will rewire everything when it comes in.

Thanks for the help!
        Mike J
        2007 Angler CC
        90HP Mercury 2 stroke

Comment

Working...
        X