Store Links Mobile - Shop Now

Announcement

Collapse

SITE MAINTENANCE

The iBoats Forums will be down for maintenance starting at 1 PM MST on 12/16/2017. The estimated amount of downtime is 3 hours. Thanks for being a part of the iBoats community!
See more
See less

1989 Evinrude 140 hp wiring

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1989 Evinrude 140 hp wiring

Does anyone have the wiring schematics for a 89 Evinrude 140 hp? I just purchased one and it has a single red wire that comes from one of the terminals under the power pack and ran into the inside of the boat. It was connected to a small squat box with 2 terminals on it. The box was not connected to anything else tho. The previous owner wrecked the boat and started to remove wiring from the inside of the boat. It could have been connected to something previously. When I can figure out how to post pictures I will upload a few of the wire and square box. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

I just purchased one and it has a single red wire that comes from one of the terminals under the power pack and ran into the inside of the boat. It was connected to a small squat box with 2 terminals on it. The box was not connected to anything else tho. The previous owner wrecked the boat and started to remove wiring from the inside of the boat.
    Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,.... Sounds like the Po added whatever it is yer seein',....

You should be able to post pictures now, with yer 4th post,...

Comment

Go to maxrules dot com

Comment

Thank you! I was able to locate a diagram from that site. I will post a picture of the box it was connected to next time I make it back to the garage. I would like to know what the square box is called and it’s function,

Comment

We need pictures.

Comment

I tried to upload them. It says the pictures are to big.

Comment

Go to the Forum Rules and Guidelines (2 clicks back), click and read the Tutorial.

Comment

Working...
              X