Wiring docking lights on a Hurricane FunDeck

Tdawley

Cadet
Good morning, I recently purchased a 2003 Hurricane Fundeck in desperate need of some TLC. I noticed that BOTH docking lights are broken off and wires are nowhere to be found (presumably in hull somewhere). Any idea how to access these wires in order to connect new lights? Looked under seat, cup holders, etc....no idea! There has to be a way to get to these wires! Thanks!

alldodge

Staff member
Unable to say with accuracy but if the lights are on the top section of the deck then they will be routed in the upper section, and if on the lower then routed lower. This allows both halves to be built separately and then put together when finished.

In any case just look for the easiest path and use something like an electricians fish tape to go thru. Ones there either tie the wires and pull back thru or use a string

Tdawley

Cadet
Thank you AllDodge, but I cant even see the wires. Where the lights mount, there is only a 1/4 inch hole to fish the light's wires. I think when the lights broke off, the wires fell down into hull and now there is no way (that I can see) in pulling them up to connect to new lights....it cant be this hard!!!! I have to be missing something!

Tdawley

Cadet
I was thinking about that, but then again, why should I have to? HAHA....anyways, thanks for the tip! If anyone else has any info on this, please let me know....curiosity is killing me. Maybe access points where the front bow seats are located?!?!

Bondo

Staff member
Maybe access points where the front bow seats are located?!?!

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,....
Donno yer boat, but boats in general, ya probably have to pull anything, or everything screwed to the main castin's to get to, whatever yer workin' on,....
'n with hidden screws to boot on many hulls,...

It was put together, so it can be taken apart,.. only you can decide whether it's worth the effort,....

Tdawley

Cadet
It makes no sense that these wires are hidden and hard to get to. These, along with both nav lights, are in the same area.... the wires can't be sealed in hull...can they?

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
It makes no sense that these wires are hidden and hard to get to. These, along with both nav lights, are in the same area.... the wires can't be sealed in hull...can they?
Yes they can. I've installed more than a few deckplates to access areas for repairers...

Tdawley

Cadet
Maybe I need to instal deck plates behind the bow seat in order to gain access to the wiring....if that is the case...LED docking lights are going in to offset the hassle! Lol

Tdawley

Cadet
Spoke with a rep from Hurricane and it's confirmed. The only way to gain access to those lights and wiring is via deck plates installs behind the bow seat backrests. Thanks for all the replies.