Switch and fuse block wiring

CeeJ1791

Seaman Apprentice
I'm looking to completely rewire my boat to include a circuit breaker. I have a Blue Sea 5025 Fuse Block with attached Neg Bus Bar and a Blue Sea WeatherDeck Swich only panel. Both have contradictory wiring diagrams. The switch is pre-wired with a single red wire, that the wiring diagram states should be connected to the supply wire. From there, positive leads run from the switch to the breaker and then to the load. The Fuse Block diagram, however has the positive and negative supply going to the breaker and the red lead wire from the switch to one of the breakers on the Fuse Block. What is the correct wiring for this setup?

alldodge

Staff member
Fuse panel is where main power comes in and goes thru fuses. Other side of fuse exits to individual switches. Other side of switch goes to individual units being powered. Return legs comes back to negative fuse panel

gnd.jpg

CeeJ1791

Seaman Apprentice
Fuse panel is where main power comes in and goes thru fuses. Other side of fuse exits to individual switches. Other side of switch goes to individual units being powered. Return legs comes back to negative fuse panel

What do I make of the supply wire coming from the switch panel? Does this get capped, or attached to the fuse panel? Thanks for the responses!

CeeJ1791

Seaman Apprentice
No Title

Here is a simple schematic I drew up. Still not exactly sure what I'm supposed to do with the wire coming out of the switch panel...

Attachments

• photo277588.png
    photo277588.png
    152.7 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

alldodge

Staff member
What do I make of the supply wire coming from the switch panel? Does this get capped, or attached to the fuse panel? Thanks for the responses!

The only supply wire that might be in the panel is to light it up, otherwise there should be no main power wire. The switch panel shouls it bing used by a different Blue Sea fuse panel without Pos or Neg buss bars. This one shows power being daisy chained, then other shows individual leads
buss bar.jpg

CeeJ1791

Seaman Apprentice
Other side of fuse exits to individual switches. Other side of switch goes to individual units being powered.

There is no "in " and "out" on the Fuse Block or the switch panel. Do I just pig tail them to together? For example; main power goes to Fuse block, from there a wire goes from a Fuse into a single switch, then pig-tailed from the switch is a wire to say the bow light?

CeeJ1791

Seaman Apprentice
Yes. Just follow AllDodge's diagram. It can't be made simpler than that. If the OUT side of each switch has a pigtail on it, remove that pigtail and install the spade connector on the accessory wire and connect that to the switch. That eliminates a point of failure.

It's almost embarrassing it took me this long to figure it out.. I got so hung up on the supply wire on the switch to realize I just have to simply remove the daisy chain to use with the fuse block. I was making it more complicated than it was. Thanks all!

CeeJ1791

Seaman Apprentice
No Title

It's almost embarrassing it took me this long to figure it out.. I got so hung up on the supply wire on the switch to realize I just have to simply remove the daisy chain to use with the fuse block. I was making it more complicated than it was. Thanks all!

Updated schematic

Attachments

• photo277595.png
    photo277595.png
    157.3 KB · Views: 28