2001 Mercury pro series 40 43 lbs trolling motor.what

Tekin

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I own a 2001 bass tracker and I'm not getting full power to my trolling motor. I bought a brand new marine battery and I'm still having the same problem. I would be so great full if anyone has any ideas what problems could possibly cause this issue. And I was looking through the threads. Is there a specific thread I can asked pacific questions about my bass tracker? Thank you and God bless..

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Yes - This thread.

What specific questions do you have?

Tekin

Petty Officer 2nd Class
No Title

There's a knob right under the steering wheel says alternator you can turn it to high or to the left is th8nk it says low. What does that knob do? And there's a switch to the left of that knob you can switch it left or right just wondering what that switch dones? Thanks for showing me the link where I can get help with my trolling motor!

Attachments

• photo275326.jpg
    photo275326.jpg
    341.5 KB · Views: 0

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
The switch says AERATOR. It's the timer for a livewell pump.

Nothing to do with the trolling motor power.

Tekin

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I own a 2001 bass tracker and I'm not getting full power to my trolling motor. I bought a brand new marine battery and I'm still having the same problem. I would be so great full if anyone has any ideas what problems could possibly cause this issue

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Remove the prop and check the shaft for fishing line that has become tightly wrapped around the shaft. If you find some, remove it. If it has worked its way under the seal, then the motor likely has leaked water inside and rust has begun to form. But first, make sure all connections from the battery to the motor are shiny clean and tight, including those on any connectors. By the way -- "looking at them" is not a valid check. And of course, the battery (new or old) needs to be fully charged to provide full power.

Tekin

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thank you silvertip! I just removed the prop and, removed the two bolts that hold the cone and back on. I removed the motor. Everything inside including the motor and, cone looks brand new. No fishing line or weeds. I charged the new battery completely full yesterday. The unit is still not getting proper power. For example it's running in 5th gear as fast as 1st gear use to run. I will clean all the connections as you said hopefully that will do the trick.

Tekin

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Silvertip thank you sir! The connectors that are exposed under the pedal were terribly corroded. Anyhow it's working now. Thanks allot sir..