Perko Battery Selector Installation

Roadblock007

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have been having an issue trying to locate a slow draw on my battery in my 1991 Bayliner 3.0. It takes about 10 days of inactivity to kill the battery. I am currently using a starting battery with 800 cca and will eventually get a second battery, deep cycle, so that I am running two. For now I am disconnecting the battery when I get home after I have the boat out, but I have a Perko Battery switch ready to install foe when I get the second battery.

My question is, can I install the switch now on just the one battery so that I don't have to keep disconnecting it all the time? The instructions only show how to hook it up with 2.

Thanks.

alldodge

Staff member
can I install the switch now on just the one battery so that I don't have to keep disconnecting it all the time

Yes it doesn't have to have a 2nd bat installed

As for your drain, in most cases its the alternator. If one of the diodes start leaking it can drain the bat over time. Not saying it is, just many cases it is

Roadblock007

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Yes it doesn't have to have a 2nd bat installed

As for your drain, in most cases its the alternator. If one of the diodes start leaking it can drain the bat over time. Not saying it is, just many cases it is

The regulator in the alternator just went and I had it replaced. I don't know if it fixed my problem yet because it drained my starting battery so many times that it was garbage so I just bought a new one of those too. Just need to get the new battery in and see what happens.