Store Links Mobile - Shop Now

Announcement

Collapse

SITE MAINTENANCE

The iBoats Forums will be down for maintenance starting at 1 PM MST on 12/16/2017. The estimated amount of downtime is 3 hours. Thanks for being a part of the iBoats community!
See more
See less

Engine will not start. No gauge movement!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine will not start. No gauge movement!

I have a 2003 Regal Comodore 2860 wuth twin mercruisers. The starboard engine will not start. When I turn the key, nothing happens. No gauge movement, nothing. The port side engine works fine.
    1-I checked the starting switch (is fine/I switched it with the port side)
    2-I have 12 volts at the main /red cable that feeds the starter switch. But wen I turn the switch, it drops to 1 v (1 v at the red/main feed and 1 volt on the purple cable that feeds the gauges)
    I checked the red fuse breaker in the engine..its fine.
    Please help.
    Tks!

While this is an electrical issue, do think this should be in the Merc section

12 volts at the main /red cable that feeds the starter switch. But wen I turn the switch, it drops to 1 v (1 v at the red/main feed and 1 volt on the purple cable that feeds the gauges)
    Initial thought is there is a ground issue or your 20 amp fuse is blown.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wiring Helm.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	10444153
    94 Formula 27PC Custom 509MPI MEFI3 , B3 XR
    95 Rinker 232 w/ 7.4L Carb 0F425011 B1 0F486471
    07 SeaDoo GTX
    Raw Water Pump Maintenance
    Merc Adults Only
    G-Dad always said "First Liar doesn't stand a chance"

Comment

Sounds like the 90A fuse on the starter is blown. Do you actually have battery voltage at the input to the breaker on top of the engine ?

Comment

Thank you for the advice. I will check again later this afternoon

Comment

I found the culprit! The 90A fuse is lose. I left the key on the ignition/On position and went under the engines. It was hard to reach (twin engines) but as soon as I touched the fuse cable, the alarm beeped and I was able to go and start the port engine.
          I will go tomorrow after work to tighten it.
          Pls let me know what kind of bolt/ nut. I didn't have time to check...and the space is really tight down there.
          Again..Any advice on how to tighten the 90A fuse woukd make it easier.
          THANKS!!

Comment

Pretty sure it's a 9/16" wrench, but you'll have to get down there to get the insulator boot off the nut anyway. They definitely don't make it easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Chigwalla View Post
              Pretty sure it's a 9/16" wrench, but you'll have to get down there to get the insulator boot off the nut anyway. They definitely don't make it easy.
              Got it. Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
              X