Trim Tab Issue

Redhot

Seaman Apprentice
I apologize if this is not in the correct forum and I did try and search for the answer to no avail, but I do believe I read on how to trouble shoot this issue on here, so here goes. Both trim tabs will fully extend in the down position. After about 5 minutes the stbd tab will begin to retract and in 10 minutes is in the full up position. The cylinder is not leaking. I swapped the lines at the pump and the same problem happened, but now on the port side. So my issue is in the pump on the one side. What do I need to be looking for. I am told there may be a valve or something in there................??? Thoughts? Thanks for the help.

- RH

alldodge

Staff member
Its probably the valve seat is damaged. On two other forums there is a guy called Tabman and he works at Bennet. Send him an email and he can get you the parts to fix

Tmcgow@bennetttrimtabs.com

Thalasso

Commander
If the trim tabs are retracting by themselves then most likely the valve seats in the solenoids or the plungers are damaged.
If something other than ATF was used in the system it can damage the plungers and cause them to bypass.

Tabmanhelp@gmail.com

Tabman

iboats.com Partner
I apologize if this is not in the correct forum and I did try and search for the answer to no avail, but I do believe I read on how to trouble shoot this issue on here, so here goes. Both trim tabs will fully extend in the down position. After about 5 minutes the stbd tab will begin to retract and in 10 minutes is in the full up position. The cylinder is not leaking. I swapped the lines at the pump and the same problem happened, but now on the port side. So my issue is in the pump on the one side. What do I need to be looking for. I am told there may be a valve or something in there................??? Thoughts? Thanks for the help.

- RH

Do you know what brand Trim Tabs?

The other posters are correct, likely a damaged valve seat.

If they are Bennett, we can send you new valve seats and instructions how to change them, no charge. Just send me your name and address in a private message or at Tabmanhelp@gmail.com

Tom
Bennett Marine

alldodge

Staff member
Do you know what brand Trim Tabs?

The other posters are correct, likely a damaged valve seat.

If they are Bennett, we can send you new valve seats and instructions how to change them, no charge. Just send me your name and address in a private message or at Tabmanhelp@gmail.com

Tom
Bennett Marine

Cool didn't know you were here Tom, will try to remember

Redhot

Seaman Apprentice
Thanks for all of the replies. I just saw them! They are Bennett tabs Tabman I will be sending you an email. Thank you.

Redhot

Seaman Apprentice
Big shout out to Tabman and the Bennett team. I received my valve seats yesterday and will be putting them in today. What a great CS team over there. It is much appreciated, Sir.

Tabman

iboats.com Partner
Glad to hear they did the trick! We are delighted to be of help. Tom Bennett Marine

Tabman

iboats.com Partner
Glad to hear they did the trick! We are delighted to be of help.
Tom Bennett Marine