Par-max 3.5 water pressure pump pulsating

Bfore

Cadet
Why is my water pressure pump doing this? Replaced last year.. And didn't have this issue then.. New this season..

sam am I

Commander
Looks like that pump has a built high pressure shut off switch that when back pressure builds up to a pre-set level, it stops/shuts off the pump. (i.e., if you use this type of pump as a wash down pump and you have for example a shut off type spray nozzle attached and it's closed, the pump auto shuts off but, then turns the pump back on as water is used)

This type of pump can do what yours is doing if there is a small leak somewhere down stream and pressure is slowly leaking off, the switch turns the pump on for just a second as pressure decreases and then rapidly shuts back off due to the pressure going back up.

Last edited:

Bfore

Cadet
No one else? I don't think leak.. But I can't be sure.. Anyone else experience this issue with their pump?

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
It must be a leak someplace, usually is. Do you have a water heater in the system? I've seen the heat exchanger in them spring a leak, and you will not see the leak.