2017 Crestliner Discovery Side Console Wiring Diagram?

scullman40

Cadet
I recently purchased a brand new 2017 Crestliner Discovery SC and am installing my Lowrance Fish Finder to it. I got it mounted, and the transducer mounted, just having trouble connecting the power to the wiring under the console (positive and negative). There is no fuse block or box of any sort that I can find, just a bunch of wires zip tied neatly together underneath inside the console. I figured it would be easy, but I am having difficulty finding a wiring diagram or color scheme to determine which wires I should plug the power cable into. There are 8-10 open female ends under there, and at least 4 accessory switches that are open. Crestliner was no help and would not provide any information of the wiring for the boat I purchased from them. The dealership wanted to charge me their shop rate to plug in the two wires. Just wondering if anyone had any information about a wiring diagram or color scheme for the wires underneath a new Crestliner Side Console; they seem to differ from the color scheme of my new Mercury outboard. Just not feeling 100% confident in tracing the wires on my brand new boat without a better idea what I am looking for.

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral
its not just crest liner, none of them has a schematic, how ever its all wired to a common color code and lay out, i find it hard to believe their is no fuse block, the common way is a hevi red and black wire from a fuse holder at the battery to a fuse holder under the console thats used as a power point

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
If you have several switches that are not used, connect the positive lead from the locator to the pigtail on one of the unused switches. Then connect the negative locator lead to ground. The locator is a not a heavy current consumer so connect the negative lead to the negative connection on any of the gauges. If you don't want to do that, the color of the negative wire on the gauges would be carried throught the boat. Pick a convenient spot to splice in. But a VOM (volt-ohm-milliammeter) is you friend. Buy one for $10 - $20 in the electrical dept of any Home Improvement store, Harbor Frieght, Northern Tool, or how about IBoats.

scullman40

Cadet
Thanks for the replied, guess I did not think they were SAE standard. It looks like all the switches have inline fuses, rather, are like breakers.I read somewhere online the smaller boats have moved to inlines over a fuse box (not sure how credible that info is). I searched the usual places, with no luck in finding a fuse block. When I get home from work tonight, if it is not raining, I will tear into the wiring underneath there. I have a VOM, and will use that if I cannot find the right connection to the switches by tracing the wires/colors. The switches are connected in a line (red & red/yellow wires). I just need to trace where they lead to gain a better understand how it is all wired together. I am very rusty on my electrical colors, so forgive me for asking silly questions. Have not had to mess with anything outside of the basic 3 wire (positive/negative/ground) in a long time. Thanks again for providing me with some better direction.