Waterproof Radio Enclosure Replacement

Harritwo

Chief Petty Officer
My radio enclosure, original equipment, has seen better days and i would like to replace it with a like kind. The issue i am having is finding one. There is limited clearance between the steering wheel and the dash, so one with a flip lid wont work. The hole that is cut in the dash is larger than the enclosures I have found. The attached pics show one that is identical to what i am needing.

Does anyone have any ideas where I can find one? I have looked at iboats, west marine, overtons, etc.. and cant locate one.

Attachments

• photo261535.jpg
    photo261535.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 0
  • photo261536.jpg
    photo261536.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 0

b.gagnon

Master Chief Petty Officer
Buy a Fusion stereo and make a plate!
Covers do nothing but break.....

gm280

Supreme Mariner
First of all, what it wrong with yours presently? And can it be repaired? If it is merely in need of a new seal or something like that, you could find some type replacement part. Just an idea. :noidea:

Harritwo

Chief Petty Officer
GM,

The screw holes have all cracked. I have put some trim washers on it to give the screws something to hold. The new ones dont fill the hole that was cut in the dash by Sea Ray. I havent been able to find a match. With the limited clearance that i have, it has to have a cover that slides in on itself. The ones with a hinged that flip up or down hit the steering wheel.

Worst case, I cut a new piece of wood, and recover the padded dash. Put the radio in a new location. I was just trying to maintain the OEM look