1981 suzuki dt85

pwphillip

Recruit
Good day. I am new to this forum so pls excuse any mistakes.
I am restoring a old ski boat (comaro ss) with a suzuki dt85 1981 motor on.
I started this motor for the first time in 3 years yesterday. Had a bit of a stutter but after a carb clean runs like a swiss watch.
Problem: The buzzer on the control box start when i switch the ignition on and stays on even when motor runs.

PS: I removed the oil reservoir and run premix.
Any help will be appreciated. I am a complete novice when it comes to outboards.

wrench 3

Commander
I'm afraid that I don't have access to information on your specific engine. However most Suzuki engines ran a low oil level sensor and an oil flow sensor. Both of these would have to be disabled to turn of the alarm.
Why did you remove the oil injection system? Suzuki always had a very reliable and efficient system.

pwphillip

Recruit
Hi wrench 3.Thank you for the reply. Like i said I dont know much about ouboard motors so i listened to people that seem to know as much as me. I took it off and now i cant find the resevoir. made peace with premix:rolleyes:. I cant find a wiring diagram anywhere for this model boat. I will take some pics of the motor tonight and post. maybe someone will be able to tell me where to start looking for the sensors.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Boat wiring has nothing to do with the engine. Totally separate systems. You need a diagram for the engine which would be in the engine service/shop manual.