Fubar Mental Mistake

brooksville_rebel

Petty Officer 1st Class
Was getting the new tach wired up. Everything was fine but noticed nothing when the ignition was turned on. I found a wire I missed connecting. I temp wired it. Turned the ignition on and worked. So went and permanently wired it up. Turned on and nothing. WTH. Tired both batteries. Nothing. WTH.
Well was litte dark by then and didn't wear my glasses and I fubared up and wired the ignition wires to the gnd of the tachometer.
Now when I turn on the ignition motor doesn't even turn over now. WTF did I do ? I un did the ignition wires just to try and turn over the engine and nothing. No clicks, no burps, nothing. ARGGHHHH !!

Its too dark now so I gotta fret all night about what I fubared up. Everything else still works. Lights, Radio etc. Just now doesn't turn over at all.
Any ideas what my dumbass did and were to start looking in the morning. Sigh. was all done too. Guess not now.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
You may have popped a fuse under the motor cowling. Not sure if there is one on your motor or where it would be. Also do the instruments have a fuse?

brooksville_rebel

Petty Officer 1st Class
I do believe there is a fuse on the motor. I can't recall. I will have to double check in the morning. I believe so but can't be sure off the top of my head. I should know spent enough time under there.
THanks

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
The wiring diagrams for all of the 3 cylinder models show a 20A fuse off the starter solenoid. Sure hope the rectifier or switch box didn't take a hit. Fingers crossed.

87-70.PNG

brooksville_rebel

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thanks. I had seen that fuse before. Grabbed a flashlight went out and checked it. It was blown big time. Went to the auto store and got another one and she fired up !!! Thanks. Now hoping the Tachometer is okay. Will check that in the morning.
Still kicking my self for being so stupid and careless. argh.

mxcobra

Chief Petty Officer
every time i'm working on something in or near dark, something happens just like this.:facepalm: