Humminbird 957C compatibility

Flukinicehole

Petty Officer 1st Class
I purchased a boat and it came with the Humminbird 957C chart plotter/fish finder already installed. I would like to just use it for navigation and purchase a separate fish finder. I was wondering which fish finder model would use the same transducer? The transducer is already installed so I would rather not remove and replace if I do not have to. Thanks for any help you may have.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I guess I don't understand. Why can't you use it for both things? I mean it looks plenty capable. Trying to find head units that will work with an already installed transducer is a good question for the manufacturer. They know more about their products then anybody else. So email them a line and see. I have no idea what type transducer you have mounted or all the options it is capable of handling either. So either question the manufacture or buy a whole new setup with a transducer and mount it. Then you know 100% it will work. But you need to understand that you maybe can't operate both at the same time. Could get interference between the two depending on frequencies and harmonics.

Alumarine

Captain
I can only guess that you want a separate screen for Navigating and Fish finding. Is that correct?

If so, just buy a humminbird fish finder and use the transducer from the 957C.
Just make sure they use the same transducer. They usually do.

The 957C does not need the transducer for navigating. Just the external hockey puck thing.

You can split screen the 957C to give both views.

Flukinicehole

Petty Officer 1st Class
Yes I would like to have the two separate units. One for nav and one for FF. I will email Humminbird and see what they say.