Faria 4 in 1 Gauge

ISP197

Cadet
I have a Faria 4 in 1 gauge on my boat and everything works on it except the volt gauge. My dealer says the gauge is probably bad and needs to be replaced. My question is if the gauge is bad, why do the other gauges on it work correctly. This is a new boat bought in early summer and the volt meter has never worked. I called the dealer and they said they could fixit and to bring it back. I live almost 2 hours from dealer and told them they could look at it in the fall, I have boating to do! Took it back to winterize and they checked it. They said they "wiggled" it and worked for a second. That is how is was "determined" to be a bad gauge. Confused and any help is greatly appreciated.

alldodge

Staff member
Howdy

Wigging isn't bad to find that there is a loose connection, but not to good at determining what the problem is. The voltmeter should be feed by a purple wire behind the helm. Need a handheld voltmeter to find out if there is 12V at the gauge and its not reading, or there is no 12V and the issue is a bad connection which feeds the gauge.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Each gauge has its own air core motor. That is how one gauge out of 4 could be bad. The problem is the whole gauge assembly usually gets replaced

ISP197

Cadet
Thank you both. I checked the voltage on the back of the gauge and it was right at 12v, so I know the power is there. I guess the air core motor is bad..........Thanks again.

89retta

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Since its a new boat should it not covered under waranty