Emergency kill / cut off switch

Sir Watson

Recruit
I have recently, Sep 2016, purchased a 1997 Donzi 16 with Mercruiser 4.3 LX Gen+ with Quicksilver 3000 Classic controls and would like to add an Emergency kill / cut off switch with Lanyard. The Cole Hersee M597BP is the one that looks the best. The 3000 Classic controls have a Run Off switch does anyone know if I take the panel off to get behind the controls can I patch into wires to attach the Cole Hersee cut off switch?

DeepBlue2010

Lieutenant
If I am not mistaken, all the 3000 classic series comes already with cut off switch installed. Is your doesn't work or it is missing. Do you have a picture?

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
purple wire is ignition wire. that is normally the wire the the kill switch is wired into. the switch is a N.O.H.C. switch for I/O's (Normally Open, Held closed)

wrvond

Chief Petty Officer
I have recently, Sep 2016, purchased a 1997 Donzi 16 with Mercruiser 4.3 LX Gen+ with Quicksilver 3000 Classic controls and would like to add an Emergency kill / cut off switch with Lanyard. The Cole Hersee M597BP is the one that looks the best. The 3000 Classic controls have a Run Off switch does anyone know if I take the panel off to get behind the controls can I patch into wires to attach the Cole Hersee cut off switch?

What you are calling the on/off switch is, in fact, the kill switch. There is a curly red lanyard with clip at one end and plastic loop at the other. The plastic loop clips into the switch and will flip it to "off" when pulled out.