shore power inlet

juliolop

Seaman
in the engine compartment is a little complicated to me, I could try, why not in the place I already mentioned, under the instruments console?

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
It's not as complicated as you may think to install it in the engine room. A charger for that size boat is not that big, And if you get a guest smart charger, or similar unit It's a sealed unit, no sparks involved. Install it in the battery area, no need to lengthen the cables unless one battery is on the opposite side from the other one if you have 2 batts. The engine room is already vented so no overheat issues when using it. The engine room may look like a lot of stuff is crammed in there, and it is, but usually there is space for a charger. Install the shore power unit in the cabin area, on a small breaker panel run wire to the charger. just keep the wiring tied up neatly from any moving parts and good to go.

juliolop

Seaman
Grub54891, thanks, that's the kind of advice I need, with some explanation and logic. thanks again,

DeepBlue2010

Lieutenant
You should try to install the charger as close to the battery as possible to avoid voltage drop due to the increased resistance of the wire if you had to extend it. If the provided length of wire reaches from the dash to the battery, you should be ok. If you have to extended, I would not do it.

Also, since the battery charger connected to AC, make sure it is protected from any water contact whether because of cleaning or any other reason.