Larson 210 LXI will not start

Larson210

Recruit
I have a Larson 210 Lxi I/O with a Volvo 5.7GL engine that will not start. In the key switch accessory or ignition position there are no lights or gauge activity. All fuses on the fuse panel under the dash are good as well as the red 50 amp breaker on the engine.

My key switch has four terminal connections:
1. Battery - Red wire
2. Accessory - Red Wire
3. Ignition - Two purple wires
4. Start - Yellow with red stripe.

I have 12.6V at the switch battery terminal but that voltage is pulled down to approx. 1.5 volts with the switch in the ignition position. Unscrewing the purple wires from the ignition terminal brings the 12.6v back but the voltage at the start terminal when trying to start also indicates a voltage around 2volts. I'm just not sure what's pulling my 12v down so low.

A new battery has been installed and is fully charged.

Thanks for any assistance.

Ken

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Welcome aboard.

Was everything working before the new battery?

Clean the battery posts and connectors.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Then check all electrical connections, especially grounds on the block. You have a failing connection when the 12 volts drops like that,

tlombard

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I had a very similar problem with my new to me boat the second day out. Everything was great the first day on the water and all of the second day until we were on the way back to the ramp. In the middle of the lake the boat just died. Less than 15 hours on the motor. All new wiring. New interior. The boat was basically brand new except for the hull... and I had to get towed back.

Went back the next day with a test light and my dad (he's a mechanic) and was back on the water 20 minutes later at no cost and been perfect ever since. My dad just had to replace the wire between the battery and the main breaker. Either the wire had a break or the connection was bad. Since he had everything he needed in his truck, he just replaced the entire wire.