Powering up

gsaps

Cadet
Thanks to the guys for the advice about running the wired for my fishfinder, I now need to power it

I'm assuming (and I know nothing about electrics) that it can be done from the fuse box under the helm, there's a spare space at number 9

So I assume the red wire goes here

Where does the black one go, am I right in assuming it can just be crimped with the other black wire like these

Question is, what's the gray one for and where does it go?

Thanks again guys

alldodge

Staff member
Your correct with the red and black wires, also make sure to use the size fuse that the manufacture of the fish finder in position 9.

Looked back in your other thread and this one you have not said what fish finder you have. We could guess on what it is, but if you tell use which one you have we might be able to look it up. That said, if you look in your owners manual it should list it

http://forums.iboats.com/forum/gene...ot-engine-topics/10281682-fish-finder-cabling

gsaps

Cadet
Thanks guys, it's a raymarine dragonfly, I really only needed the depth finding function as I don't fish but a gadgets a gadget

Thanks for the replies

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
The group of black wires are attached to the "ground bus". It looks like there is one, maybe two spaces to connect to. If not, head to your local auto store and buy and adapter that allows you to connect two spade connectors to one spade male terminal.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
The gray wire is a for a shield ground. Connect it to the same spade connector as the black wire. Don't the installation instructions show that?

gsaps

Cadet
The instructions didn't cover wiring at all, pretty poor really, no manual either, I'll have to go online for that as well