Mounting totalscan transducer

CTuck1002

Cadet
I have a 94 procraft 180 and just purchased a lowrance elite 7ti with the totalscan transducer. I've researched a good bit on mounting spots for it but I've been told different areas to do so. I've attached pictures of the recommended areas to mount it but want to see what you guys think. Mainly, do I mount it on the low spot that's recessed near the bunk or the area right above it (picture #2)? I was told to mount it right above the oval led light just right of the propeller on the recessed part by a buddy (picture #3) but have been told contradicting statements. The only three professional places near me are back logged for over a month at least. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• photo251700.jpeg
    photo251700.jpeg
    200.7 KB · Views: 1
  • photo251701.jpeg
    photo251701.jpeg
    194.8 KB · Views: 1
  • photo251702.jpeg
    photo251702.jpeg
    208.5 KB · Views: 1

David Young

Chief Petty Officer
Picture #2 is where I would put it. How far up is another story. Might want to look at the plastic mounting pads that are 3/4 of an inch thick so if you miss calculate on the height, you don't end up with holes in your boat. I thought I had mine high enough, going by the install instructions. Didn't work out and had to drill two more holes into my boat :(

CTuck1002

Cadet
I purchased a mounting pad and found the water line, which is almost up to the metal c-ring in picture number 2. Can I place the transducer on the flat portion (all the way to the left in picture 2 or in picture 3) or is it too close to the outboard?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
The water line at rest? That's going to be out of the water if you want the sonar to work at any speed.

How far in is the step under the stern?