Rectifier wires

On the run

Recruit
I removed a burned out rectifier then had to wait a couple of days before the dealer could get a new one in. By the time I got back to the boat, my tired old memory had forgotten which terminal the red lead attaches to. Two terminals, with red wires, are jumper-ed together while another terminal has two red wires attached to it. My ohm meter shows 0 ohms between the terminals with the red leads. Could it be that the red lead from the rectifier can attach to either terminal?

mjf55

Chief Petty Officer
It would help ( at least me ) if you posted the year, make and model of your engine.

On the run

Recruit
My absent mind strikes again, mjf55. The engine is a 3 cylinder, 60 hp Johnson. It's at least 20 years old.

mjf55

Chief Petty Officer
So its not clicking for me yet, but getting closer. Do you have the model number of your engine? Otherwise a picture or two of the rectifier and terminal you are talking about.

I did find a wiring diagram that may be close, but it is for up to an 1985 motor, 30 years old. Does this make any sense to you? Does the connectors match? If not, post the pictures and we can try some more.

78-84_3-CYL_EL.jpg