fuse plate replacement?

72fiberform

Cadet
My fuse plate is missing fuses and prongs. Is there any updated versions of this one or where can I find the exact same one?? Thanks!!

Attachments

• photo251399.jpg
    photo251399.jpg
    338.7 KB · Views: 0

72fiberform

Cadet
Wonder how simple it would be to hook up? Would I have to splice my wires? Looks like I have 13 wires tho. Sorry for stupid questions..

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
most likely no just pull them from the old fuse block one at a time and place on new and make sure you put feed wires in correct place best way to figure out feed wires is with a tester test them with key off find a constant hot should be a larget then most red wire , then try key on and should find the one that's energies with key.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Wonder how simple it would be to hook up? Would I have to splice my wires? Looks like I have 13 wires tho. Sorry for stupid questions..

Don't apologize, not everybody understand electrical issues. What mickyryan showed above is the better idea in my book. But before replacing your setup, make sure as you do the change over you clean the connectors on the old wires to bright shiny metal so that the new fuse panel doesn't have any problems. And make sure you install the proper sized fuses for each circuit. In other words if you pulled a wire from the old fuse block to the new one and it had a 10 amp fuse in the old block, then use a 10 amp fuse in the new fuse block as well. It really is that simple. JMHO

mjf55

Chief Petty Officer
All excellent advise. If it were me ( and it was last month), I would replace all the old vinyl connectors with good adhesive lined heat shrink crimp connectors. Make sure the wire is clean as noted above.
From your picture, the red wire on the left bottom is the feed to the fuses.
Bottom group APPEAR to be grounds ( check with an ohm meter ( DVM).
It seams you have 5 protected ( fused ) circuits.

fishrdan

Admiral
I highly recommend one of those Blue Seas fuse blocks. There are several different styles to choose from (6 or 12 circuits, with or without negative buss), so look around before buying one. You'll need to re-terminate the wires to ring terminals, but that's not a bad thing from the looks of the wiring.

It looks like you could get away with the 6 circuit with integrated negative buss, for an apples-apples swap. I chose the 12 circuit with integrated negative buss, and managed to fill all the circuits......