70 Cobalt wiring diagram

70cobalt

Recruit
Need to find wiring diagram for 70 Cobalt equipped with Mercruiser. Having trouble with trim, it goes in, but not up. Replaced solenoid that was bad, did not fix problem. Wiring had been added to existing under dash and was a nightmare. Does anyone have a wiring diagram, or knows were I can find one?

mjf55

Chief Petty Officer
70cobalt, welcome to iBoats. You not going to fin a boat specific boat wiring diagram. What we will find a an engine wiring diagram that you can use.
So you have a 1970 Cobalt, and I ASSUME that it also has a 1970 Mercriuser, here is the Mercruiser Service Manual (#1) for 1970, set to the wiring diagram for the trim and tilt.
http://boatinfo.no/lib/mercruiser/manuals/mercruiser1.html#/772

Let us know how you make out. If you need more, please provide the year / size or model of your mercruiser. The serial number helps narrow it down.

70cobalt

Recruit
mjf55, thanks for the info on the wiring. My son downloaded the info, and I'm sure that it will be tremendous help. I should have included more info in the request. It all original. 165 Mercruiser. Outdrive #2762649, Engine # 2696460 Ser. # 4438513. Again, thanks for the info