Shakespeare 55lb thrust trolling motor

hardwater fisherman

Lieutenant Commander
I bought a 55lb thrust Shakespeare electric trolling motor off the rack. It was a demo model that is no longer being made. Made in China, and not much tech support. To my surprise it has worked well. Has good power, and my battery lasts all day long. So it functions quite well for the money I paid. The only problem at this point is the prop claims to be weedless. This is not case, I can get through if I open it up to level 5. But if I drift into the weeds and then try to get out it gets stuck in them. My last electric was an Endura 30 minn kota and it was the same way until I installed a weedless prop. My minn kota prop is too small for the new motor. When I go on the website for Shakespeare it says click here for replacement parts but nothing happens.I called the toll free number and that led me to something completely different. I would like to just put a minn kota or motorguide prop on it but I am not sure which one will fit. The minn kota props are 3 5/8 diameter and I believe the motorguide are 3 1/2 diameter. The book does not give the diameter of the prop. The outside diameter of the housing is 3 5/8. The prop is 3 5/8 to the outside and it has a lip that fits inside the housing ,that measures 3 3/8. So would this be a 3 5/8 inch prop or 3 1/2 inch prop? I want to order it online and there is not really anything close to where I live to check which one will fit. Any help will be welcomed. Thanks.