Loss of voltage caused by choke?

Csandoval

Recruit
Working on a '90 Mercrusier 3.0 for my buddy. Was not getting any voltage to the DDIS module. Unplugged the electric choke and now have 12.6v coming into DDIS. Even with this I have no power coming out of DDIS at the position sensor or the coil. I think the DDIS module is bad but dont want to put another into it if there is an alternate problem that shorted it in the first place. Any help would be greatly appreciated,

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Welcome aboard.

Moved the thread. This is a Mercruiser problem and you will get help in this section.

Csandoval

Recruit
I ran through all those test. Found that the Control module/ computer component was bad. We decided to convert to a distributor because the computers are impossible to find or way to expensive.

After removing all DDIS system and studying wiring diagrams, found that the alternator was replaced with a one wire and the 12v supply and common were left hanging. took the common and tied it to the block with another common, cut the 12v supply and caped with a water tight cap. After all this I still have the same issue. When the choke is plugged in I loose all power to all purple wires (power supplies). If I unplug the choke I get power back.

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
. took the common and tied it to the block with another common

Problem there, both of those wires will have 12volst on them . One is sense and is connected to the battery ,the other is excite and is a switched 12volts.
Does not go to the block.