4.3 Mercruiser Starter Help

NewBoater86

Cadet
I have a 2001 Aquatron with a Mercruiser 4.3 Inboard V6. I am looking to buy a new starter. I bought the $45 one off eBay and it was too short, bendix wouldn't engage. So I want to spend some money and get the right one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yegboats

Chief Petty Officer
When I look up parts I like to have the serial numbers to ensure accuracy. I don't know if they're all the same or not. Sometimes that's the case sometimes it's not. The site that I use most to look up Mercury parts is Mercurymarine.com click on the parts&accesories tab, Then click on launch parts catalog. There is a drop down menu you can navigate or enter in your serial number into the search. It should look like this.

startersticky.png

NewBoater86

Cadet
No Title

Thanks bud, I ordered it 2 hours before you posted this, then I took the part # that was in your picture, and sure enough I ordered the correct one! Hopefully all will be good. Thanks

Attachments

• photo247084.png
    photo247084.png
    283.9 KB · Views: 1

rlb81

Seaman
How bad was the swap? This is going to be my project for tomorrow, not looking forward to it!

NewBoater86

Cadet
Not too bad, just have to lay across the motor and hang upside-down while you replace it. Takes 10 minutes.