Radio Not Working

ts2213

Cadet
I have replaced Radio that wasn't working. I assumed it was radio. Upon replacing, I noticed that I do not have any voltage coming from Red Power Source. I do have power coming from Yellow Lead. I installed radio utilizing only the yellow power source for now. I have checked fuses on red power lead, all seem to be fine. Any ideas? And it is bad to rely solely on the yellow power lead?

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Are you referring to the wires on your new radio harness, or the ones in the boat? I would check to see which fuse is bad in the terminal strip.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Yellow only powers the station memory and clock fun room. Red is needed to power the radio.

ts2213

Cadet
No...the red wire coming from boat is not supplying power. I have checked fuses, I believe there were 2...both were good. So, temporarily, I doubled up the Red & Yellow wires coming from radio harness to yellow wire coming from boat. The radio works, but obviously...this is not ideal. Can I just run a new lead from battery and provide in line fuse and connect instead of searching for issue?